1Obtain specimen kit
Exact Sciences provides a specimen transportation kit box for each patient’s tissue sample. To request specimen transportation kit boxes, contact the Customer Service team at +866-ONCOTYPE (+866-662-6897)
Kit orders are usually processed within a day and received within 48 hours.
Exact Sciences can work directly with the pathology team (or the treating physician) to obtain a sample.
- Choose the block with both the greatest amount (cross-sectional area) of highest-grade invasive breast carcinoma and when possible, the least amount of noninvasive mammary epithelium (in situ carcinoma, hyperplastic epithelium, normal epithelium)
- If needle core biopsy is the optimal sample, submit it instead
- Label all specimens with S barcode labels from the Oncotype DX specimen collection and transportation kit box for that patient
4Access test results
Most Recurrence Score reports are available within 2 weeks from the date we receive your patient’s sample in our laboratory. You can access the results through the online physician portal or receive the report by fax.
With Exact Sciences' online physician portal, ordering a test, tracking test progress, and accessing results is convenient and efficient.
- Orders can be submitted online—virtually eliminating the need for follow-up calls to complete any missing information
- All patient orders and results reports can be viewed, tracked, and sorted quickly
- Orders and results reports may be viewed online, printed, or downloaded as PDFs